Information For NYSC Registration/Mobilization, Remobilization/Revalidation
It’s no news that the NYSC registration portal has been opened – since last week monday – for the 2015 Batch ‘A’ mobilization. Here’s all you need to know about the registration. You can ask questions in the comments.
To have a smooth registration you should note the following:
- ‘Registration for Remobilization’ is required only if you have been mobilized in a previous NYSC batch but absconded from service, that is, if you ran away and didn’t serve or did not complete your National service.
- ‘Registration for Revalidation’ is required only if have been deployed in a previous NYSC batch but did not show up in camp.
- Now, the NYSC Registration Portal is at www.portal.nysc.gov.ng
- Do check your name in the Senate Approved Results List before proceeding with Online Registration. Check Here
- If you schooled in Nigeria, you’re expected to use your correct JAMB and Matriculation numbers to register.
- Also, to have access to the NYSC Portal, your name must appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by your Institution.
- Ensure that your institution and Course are approved and accredited by Nigeria Universities Commission (NUC), National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) or Federal Ministry of Education (FME), otherwise you would not be mobilized.
Foreign-Trained Prospective Corps Members
- As a Foreign-trained prospective corps member, you should ensure that your Institution is accredited. Where in doubt, it is your responsibility to approach Federal Ministry of Education for verification.
- You must come with your credentials for evaluation on camp; there is no need for physical evaluation before camp.
- You can pay for the service on arrival to the country if they could not pay when they register outside the country
- You (foreign-trained) are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
- If you studied in a non-English speaking country, it is your responsibility to get your Certificates and Transcripts translated into English language before uploading them.
- If you’re a graduate of Medicine and Pharmacy, you are expected to have your Certificates of Registration with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (NMDCN) and Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) respectively. You should note that payment receipts are not acceptable.
- Having plans to visit the NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of your documents. Don’t bother. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. All you have to do is to print your call-up letter on-line and report at the Orientation camps in your State of deployment, and you should come along with the original documents you uploaded to camp where they will be verified.
- Anyone who presents fake documents will be demobilized and decamped.
- You must ensure that your email address is fully functional and your telephone number is a Nigerian number.
- You should ensure that it is your accurate passport size photograph that is captured during registration.
- Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth and jaw) is fully shown without bending,
- Ensure the picture fills the frame and centralized, and
- Ensure that the Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow.
- Do not try to register by PROXY. Remember the exact finger used during biometric capturing as this is the same finger that will be used for data verification at the orientation camp. Those who cannot be verified with their biometric at the orientation camp will not be registered.
- Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters on-line are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) (see NYSC Portal on how to make payment).
- Prospective Corps members who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.
- All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration during the 2014 Batch ‘C’ Mobilisation but did not print their call-up letters online need not to pay again.
- Married female prospective corps members should submit copies of their marriage Certificate, evidence of Change of name and their husband’s place of domicile including their call-up numbers to their schools or nearest NYSC Secretariats. Foreign-trained graduates should upload theirs during registration.
- The orientation camps are not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. If you’re in this category note that you will not be accommodated.
- If you have problems related to mobilization should go to the nearest NYSC Secretariats, see the Deployment and Relocation officer and lodge their complaints between 17th – 20th April, 2015.
- All Part-time graduates are also expected to register on-line, even though they qualify for Exclusion.
- Green cards details must be printed, signed and brought to camp after registration by all corps members
- PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE THE PORTAL IS CLOSED ON SATURDAY, 4TH APRIL 2015, THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER REGISTRATION.
- View time-table for online registration